Thank you for you patronage today. In order to help ensure a pleasant shopping environment, all shopping center visitors, patrons, and employees are PROHIBITED from the following:
- Any illegal activity.
- Any improper use of shopping center amenities.
- Any improper use of shopping center facilities or equipment, including, but not limited to, using escalators, elevators, stairs, sidewalks, or walkways in a manner that impedes the flow of pedestrian traffic, such as unnecessary standing or stopping.
- Any form of solicitation, including, but not limited to, the offering of any non-permitted sales of products or services, and distributing any handbills, leaflets, commercial advertising or promotional material of any kind or offering samples of items, not otherwise permitted by law.
- Any disturbing of the peace, including, but not limited to, unlawful or non-permitted assembling, demonstrating, parading, picketing, marching, flash mobs, or any other activity that hinders or prevents the shopping enjoyment of customers or disrupts the intended business use of the shopping center.
- Any conduct that annoys or disturbs others in the shopping center, including, but not limited to, engaging in noisy or boisterous activities, unnecessary staring, the intentional following someone through the shopping center and parking lot, stalking, shouting, yelling, screaming, singing, playing musical instruments, radios, or the use of any other sound generating equipment that otherwise creates noises of sufficient volume to impinge on the hearing or peace of other shopping center patrons.
- Using obscene language, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, gender, or ethnic slurs.
- Violence, threats of violence, fighting, physical abuse, or physically or verbally threatening any person, or hostility of any kind.
- Running, wrestling, horseplay, skating, skate boarding, hoverboarding, rollerblading and/or riding a scooter, otherwise being disruptive, or creating a disturbance, obstructing or interfering with the free flow of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or with patron's view of doorways, windows, and/or other merchant or shopping center displays. Some bicycles and Segways are, however, permitted on shopping center property, provided they are used in strict accordance with manufacturer recommendations and shopping center bicycle and vehicle safety rules.
- Engaging in any sexual activity, including, but not limited to, using sexually explicit language, engaging in sexual conduct, or engaging in excessive public displays of affection.
- Displaying or wearing any item that depicts sexually explicit activity, illegal activity or obscene or offensive language; promotes violence; wearing clothing or lack of clothing that is likely to create a disturbance or embroil others in open conflict, offends community standards of decency, or impinges on the sensitivities of others in the shopping center.
- Gang activity, including wearing of apparel intended to indicate gang membership or to communicate gang behavior, including, but not limited to, the use of gang symbols or slogans.
- Defacing, damaging, destroying, or removing any real or personal property constituting part of or located in or on the shopping center property.
- Carrying or displaying weapons of any kind, except those carried by authorized law enforcement officers or security personnel in the performance of their duties and by security officials specifically permitted by shopping center management.
- Being intoxicated, inebriated, and/or possessing or being under the influence of any illegal substance.
- Possessing any open container of alcohol or consuming alcohol anywhere, except in businesses licensed to sell alcoholic beverages.
- Selling or providing alcohol or tobacco products to underage persons; purchasing alcohol or tobacco products by underage persons.
- Driving in an unsafe, erratic, or careless manner, including, but not limited to, exceeding the posted speed limit or using a vehicle in manner prohibited by traffic markings, signage, or otherwise obstructing traffic.
- Overnight parking, parking in non-designated parking areas, parking in fire lanes or other no parking areas. Parking violators may be subject to towing at the vehicle owner's expense.
- Littering or discarding paper, glass, or other matter of any kind, except in a trash receptacle.
- Fishing, swimming, or boating without prior written approval of shopping center management.
- Failing to wear shoes and a shirt.
- Photography or recordings of any kind without prior approval of shopping center management.
- All animals, other than Service Animals, are prohibited, except where otherwise specifically permitted, such as for special events or going to or from pet stores. Pursuant to the United States Department of Justice guidelines, only dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities qualify as Service Animals.
- Attendance by any minor during school hours when unaccompanied by a parent, teacher or legal guardian, although unaccompanied minors aged 16 or above may attend provided they produce proof of reduced school hours or completion thereof.
This list is not all inclusive and may be modified at any time by the management of this shopping center.
This shopping center is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
Violation of this code of conduct may result in expulsion from this property in addition to any other legal remedies that shopping center management may choose to exercise.
This shopping center is private property, and no rights shall accrue to the public by virtue of the public's entry into this shopping center or on shopping center property.
This "Code of Conduct" is not intended to deprive any person of their applicable civil rights or liberties under the law.
If you feel your rights are being violated, please notify the shopping center management office.
Youth Escort Policy (YEP)
Friday and Saturday 5PM until close
*or at any other time at the discretion of management
Please note: The Youth Escort Policy can be implemented at management’s discretion at any other day and time when it is deemed appropriate or necessary by management, security and/or local authorities.
The policy is in effect for the entire mall (including the Commons) except stores with exterior entrances; including: Saks Fifth Avenue, Sears, Belk, Dillard’s, and Macy’s.
The policy includes the walkways and any corridor leading to the mall. In addition, unsupervised shoppers under the age of 18 will not be permitted to congregate in the mall parking lot.
The policy states:
- Triangle Town Center visitors under 18 are required to be accompanied by a parent or guardian 21 years or older on Friday and Saturday evenings after 5 PM, or at any other time the policy is in effect.
- Security will begin monitoring those entering the center at 5 PM on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Unescorted youth shopping prior to 5 PM on Friday and Saturday evenings must leave the mall by 5 PM or be joined by a parent or guardian.
- Unescorted youth will be asked to leave the center after 5 PM on Fridays and Saturdays, or any other time the policy is in effect.
- Individuals utilizing public or other forms of transportation must schedule their departure time to ensure compliance with the 5 PM youth/guardian policy.
- Individuals in violation of the Triangle Town Center YEP program or in violation of any posted mall rules that refuse to leave the mall when requested to do so by mall security officers may be prosecuted for trespassing.
- Proof of age will be required if the age of the youth and/or parent or legal guardian is not easily determined. Those whose age cannot be determined and who lack identification will be asked to the leave the property.
- Acceptable identification is a photo ID from a state agency, school, or employer.
- Youth under 18 working in the mall will be allowed to access without parent or legal guardian, proof of work status will be required and employees must go directly to place of employment and must leave the mall at the conclusion of their work shift, if after 5 PM on Friday and/or Saturday evenings, or at any other time the policy is in effect.
- One parent, over 21 years of age, may escort all his/her children. Additionally, one parent or guardian, over 21 years of age, may escort up to 3 youths, at least one of the youths must be the child of the parent or guardian.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for the actions of the escorted youth.
- Any person violating the posted rules of behavior will be asked to leave Triangle Town Center
- If an escorted youth is banned from the center, the adult escort will also be banned for the same period.
- Security personnel are responsible for enforcing this policy and the procedures.
- Triangle Town Center YEP guidelines are posted at all mall entrances.